Tuesday 29 January 2019

Signature not matching, What next?

Recently I was in Sharekhan office for updating my address. I have submitted the form for my address change. After few days, I have received an SMS and email from Sharekhan, stating my signature in address change form doesn't match
my signature in their database. Which means my signature when I created Sharekhan account 6 years back doesn't seen identical with current one now.

What next? How to match Signature?
Sharekhan team asked me to update my signature first by approaching the branch, then do the address change. I am not sure this is an easy process or not, so I just hold on my plan to update address, because I don't use this account very actively.

Will all signatures be same for a person, so that banks can ask us to match it?

My challenge to Sharekhan executive was simple. I asked him to put his signature on a white paper 10 times, but with a condition. All signatures should match exactly. He just escaped saying it is company rule.

Do you think every one can match their signature after years exactly?

Being an IT Guy, I rarely use pen to write something. So even in a year I cannot replicate my signature multiple times. It will definitely vary.

So What is my suggestion?

Instead of Signature match, companies/ banks should go for ADHAR based verification to avoid such rejections.

Do let me know your comments below, if you are also a victim of 'Signature doesnt match' 

No comments:

Post a Comment